Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Mystery Puzzle SPOILER #4

Warning!  This post contains spoilers to a mystery puzzle.

This week's puzzle is actually a three in one!  Cluster Puzzles "Figments," "Animals," and "Doodles."
Cluster Puzzles were created by artist/designer Alex Palmer and my edition was published by Cadaco sometime between 1977 and 1988.

Each of these puzzles has a common theme in that they have no straight edge border, all irregularly shaped pieces, no full image on the box, and a clue card to help fit each piece together with one other.

Examples of the clue card might include "Giraffe: I'm glad I have the Squirrel to help hold up my neck." 

All three of them finish off rectangular-ish in shape.  The pieces of thin and often slide over each other while placing more complicated pieces into small groves.  They were a challenge and without the clue cards, I doubt I would have stuck with all three of them.
 
Top of the box. 

 Completed Animals (#1) Puzzle.

 Completed Figments (#2) Puzzle.

Completed Doodles (#5) Puzzle. 

 Thanks for reading!

Dr. Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment